Sunday, December 07, 2008

long lost love

I ever took minutes (okay, seconds) to actually stare at this piece of art when I went to Berjaya Times Square's Giordano shop like 4 months ago, and I was in love from that second until now, knowing that the price is just too high and at the same time I couldn't endure that incurable spontaneous rationalization going on in my head, judging the piece of art towards the value for money.

You can never justify money over art, but yes, sometimes I just have no money, and that saddened me so much that I had to end up longing for it, not buying.

From that moment on, I've always been thinking about it to a point where it suddenly disappeared from Giordano's shelves, and it was like missing a so much waited-for rain. I let it go, I let it happen that I would never actually have that piece of art even if I have money now to buy it, simply because it's finished or not in stock anymore.

But God gave me a second chance.

At the very moment I saw that shirt in Pluit Village Giordano Sale Stall, I screamed out my old buried hope, and when I actually knew that I got 50% off the price, I was in this unspeakable tremendous joy.

So, here it is, the long lost love of mine, the Giordano's World Without Strangers Tee Project by Hidekichi Shigemoto, a japanese designer, this one and only shirt..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for writing this post! i went to Pluit Village yesterday after reading your blog to look for the WWS tee i was craving for (the one by Michael Lau) and found it there, at half the price :D