Thursday, April 16, 2009

hari untuk amanda



When I came across the trailer of this movie, it only took me a second to fall in love with it.

The contemporary Jakarta setting throughout the movie with its dim romantic street lights, busway, afternoon scenes, evening scenes, and Sudirman - Thamrin street is tied up with a love story about past and present love.

I recall some moments. In a car, passing the streets in the afteroon or early evening. In Busway. Singing along to the tunes. Less talking. More gazing and feeling what it was like. Suddenly I remember McD.

I was lost in enjoying the romance of Jakarta, cast by the overpowering structures, sweet-but-uneasy rides, heartbreaking goodbyes, and an overly bitter aftertaste of it all.

There's a bit of hatred to it.

I hate that I can't get over you,

jakarta.

Tak kan pernah bisa..
Bersama..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wa ikutan semangat :D kayanya filmnya bagus.

Kangen nonton film Indo hiks.

Brian said...

Jur, just in case you're looking, Laskar Pelangi ada di youtube. So is Radit and Jani. :)