Saturday, February 02, 2008

growing up



I'm 19, and I'm settling down.

There is not much to say, for maybe I'm still learning, but growing up is the road that leads me here now. Back in tracing some of the old posts in my blog, like the old 4 years ago, I've found that I was a kid. Snobbish kid, super snobbish. But looking back at some of the posts from 2 years ago until now, I've been able to be better, I'm not a kid anymore.

Still got tons of things to learn. As an adult.

Anyway. I'll be going back again to hometown for this chinese new year holiday. Such a blessing. Thanks to AirAsia and my college just for making it happen. I miss my family so much. But here, in PJ, Selangor, Malaysia, I've also found home. So, I'm so much grateful. It's surprising how I learn that town people, town kids, grow up faster than those who come from small town.

How? We deal with schedule, we deal with competitions, we deal with everything that is no slowing down, we deal with diversity appreciation, and the most important thing is that we deal with ourselves back since we were kids. We found ourselves. I'm not generalizing this, but those who come from a small town can't figure out how to stand in a competition. Can't endure those tense responsibility. Can't rush for anything.

I'm lucky I grew up in a big city. Like I've got headache because of the tight schedules and routinity when i was 11. It's kinda sad, but it makes me what I am now. I start doing what I have to do before I can do what I want to do when I was 13. I lost my weekends when I was in my highschool. I have none of them. I survived.

And the most important part is, other than being so individualistic, we deal with diversity since kids, and we learn to appreciate diversity.

Well, this applies to me, I don't know if other townboy agrees with me.



Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments: