Sunday, August 06, 2006

debating days

Well. Let me give you guys reasons why I haven't showed up for the last 3 days. Wed - Thu - Fri.

Today's Sunday, btw.
It's because of debating.

In Smukie, we have english debating teams. Me, Valesca, and Maya as SMUK 1 B team, and Andre P, Andre S, and Leah as SMUK 1 A team. Both teams went to Indonesia Banking School at Kemang Raya to join 3-day-English Debating Competition held by SMAN 8 Schoolympics Event.

# Whoa. Debating, again? Yeah. Never get enough of this rush of doing debate. Well, the last time I went debating it was the ISDC selection, and after this competition, I have another ISDC selection. It's gonna be an early practice.

# 3 days not going to school? So yeah. Miss my friends so much, have to leave them for 3 days and just, I lose the bond a bit.

# Hard days? Er yeah. I have to research my matter like hell, then now I know US new Immigration policy, US economy policy on Palestine, Internationality marriage, Labor Bill, Darwin's theory, and stuff and stuff. 20 pages with 9-sized-letter. What do you expect?

# Still doing tests (read: Chemistry test on Tue, Math test on Wed, Biology test on Thu)? Yeah, teachers are never gonna care whether I'm in competition or not. They basically don't care, even if they know, they think it's an easy game, not a competition. Sick.

In preliminary rounds, SMUK 1 B team was being the clean-sweepers (thank God for this, with full victory point of 5 out of 5 rounds (thank God again). We was in the first position over 14 teams. I got 2 prizes for being the bestspeaker of the round (thank God again), I got 1 cap from The Jakarta Post (argh I love the cap) and 1 month free subscription of The Jakarta Post. Well then, we broke into quarter finals, won, then went to semifinals.

We met SMAN 34, which had Andrew 34 as Jakarta 2nd Best Speaker for ISDC, and upon the motion of THBT Saving The Environment is The First Priority, we lost. There were 5 adjudicators, and 2 of them gave the winning to us, but slightly, the other 3 as majority gave the winning to SMAN 34. We lost then. SMAN 34 in the end met SMA Sang Timur (with Yove as Jakarta 1st Speaker in the ISDC selection) in the final, and SMAN 34 won the final with unanimous decision of 7 to 0.

# Sad because of the loss?
Not really. Noticing that we had won over SMAN 34 2 times in the preliminary rounds, and that we lost with split decision of 3 to 2, better than being kicked off unanimously. Still thank God, though.

So. That's the story of the last 3 days. Tiring. Imagine that when I'm with headache in my sleepy head after debating the whole day, I still have to study biology and rest and research more matter. Phew. Now, I'm over it. Debating competition has ended, and I have to face the real schooldays next week. Will so miss the debating days.

Have a good-non-debating-weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kacamatanya ampe kembarn ahahahahah

Brian said...

Wah. Ada noni. Hehehe. Halow. Halow. *grogi* hehehe.. Gag perna keliatan lagi? =P