Wednesday, February 22, 2006

truthfully

Well. Let me do my disclaimer first.

My dad is all-round man, he can do everything to impress people:

being president in LIA community club, speak english so damn fluently in british, american, all so much like native, do all kind of sports (yap, don't shout, am telling you the truth here), do all kind of music instruments and vocals talentedly (yap..don't leave your mouth open like that..), know all newest international issues, know the latest news on infotainment, know the story of Tersanjung, know how to be a plumber also electrician, know quite much about company management..

Yap. You don't hear classifications of perfect man in the world, you see my dad's ability.

But the worst thing is that, when he uses those things to underestimate me. Think of me like I'm not a normal boy, am a geek or something.

He quite insults me of not being able to swim, he complains about how I'm worst at sports, he's so confused about why I'm avoiding sports tabloids and football match on TV, he's complaing about why I'm taking so much time to develop my tennis ability. So this is the definition of a geek?

And truthfully, some of my friends do that too, often.
But the worst comes from my dad.

It's like, you're being complained about how you don't like sports, but in the other hand, he refused to pay me sports club membership. I do confused. Who is wrong over here? I'm not really sure. It's like, the world starts to flip upside down.

Hmph.

Anyway. After this long thought of me, I'm what I am. Many people only know that I'm no good at sports, but they just don't know, I've started bodybuilding programme since I was in my junior high. Nobody knows.

And I would prefer strolling down the electronic shops, checking kinokuniya's new books, watching movies by myself, writing, going to mega bazaar computer by myself..

..instead of doing what they think as normal boy to-do-list: billiards (FYI, I do know how to play billiards), soccer, basketball, games-over-internet, timecrisis, WINNING ELEVEN (dammit how this is the icon: men must like this or they are not men), timezone kindof stuff, bowling, and some other things.


And you should NOT think that I'm a geek! Geez.

*thank God I've got a friend who is just the same like me* *am not the only one* *finally*

Hey. Listen carefully.
Don't you realise that in all chiclit and teenlit books, this is how they describe 'a perfect man'?

Geez. They should've read Kompas instead of TopSkor or Kawanku.
And see how things have changed.

Gnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may shout for ur opinion, You may unagree with others opinion, you also may think they're judgemental or so whatever...
But the thing that might be more appropriate to think is why do you even bother what the world think... as long as you dun affect others with bad influence ain't it okay just to be you... Telling other people whom u consider as geek to uphold you people's right as geeks (I'm not sayin' you that you're one..) sounds provocating... and that doesn't sound wise... ^-^

Brian said...

waaahh.. thanks. ^^

Gaby said...

well.. no one can really2 tell you whether ur a geek or what.. i mean.. u'r dad can be perfect.. but everyone is not the same!! i mena.. from what i've learnt.. every personality is totally different.. even if u a siamese twins... don't let him underestimate u.. if ur not good in every way that he expect u 2 good at.. u must be good in other way.. every one haf their own ability, aite??

so yea.. just be yourself.. is totally the coolest!! haha..

*dun bother me if this thing a bit crap.. am juz in the middle of exhausted n assignment.. can't put ma brain in the rite place.. hahaha...*