Tuesday, February 17, 2009

all in good time!


You see, it's so hard to find the proper words to utter this.

3 weeks ago, when I was in Jakarta for a short holiday, I said to myself that I want to do my internship in Jakarta. Everything is gonna be much simpler. I can enjoy my holiday, meet my friends, and also the trip to Hongkong will not be bothered much.

I was then busy doing the portfolio for days, composing my resume, and putting it together in a very short period. I was to fly back on the next Sunday, and it could only, only work if everything was according to my plan. I printed everything on Thursday, which left me one single day only to send the package of resumes out to the firm's addresses.

On the day, I sent it out to Aboday Architects in Kemang, Airlangga Architeam in Tebet, and Airmas Asri in Cikini. Isn't it wonderful to know that every one of the firm uses the letter A in the names?

The list came not from nowhere. I did a lot of researches to find out the interesting architecture companies/firms in Jakarta, that stand out and have their projects featured in fancy magazines and web pages. I went to bookstores just to browse and read through the architectural magazines that have featured buildings from Indonesia.

Only after I sent out the resumes to them, I found out that although Airlangga and Airmas are responsible for a lot of big and new projects, Airmas Asri topped the chart as the best Indonesian architecture firm in 2008, I read it in one of the pages I can't recall now.

To cut the story short, I was then waiting for their replies. I haven't heard from them since, and when I let my friends see my resumes, they don't see how the companies are gonna accept me, as my resumes are designed by breaking the rules and all. I do know that, and I'm totally aware of that, so I said to them: I only want to work in a firm where they appreciate my resume.

And you know what.

I got the e-mail this morning. I got in. Airmas Asri.

I can't tell you how happy I am. I am terribly happy. One thing is confirmed: I don't need to worry about this anymore.

I'm gonna do my internship in PT Airmas Asri, Jakarta, for 8 weeks, starting late of May. That means I'm gonna work in Cikini. That means I'm gonna be close to Thamrin, everyday. The town. Jakarta. I will be working at the heart of it.

I thank God. A thousand times.

Mom. For praying for me everyday.

Dad. For giving me this wonderful talent.

Kutit. For being my eternal laughter.

Ci Pris. For making me grow up even more.

Muw. For always being there for me.

And everyone.

I'm very nervous now, I know I'm gonna survive this, but I need you all to help me along the way.





You know what's funny. The first ever rain since 3-4 weeks ago just poured this afternoon. I feel congratulated.

I'm happy.

No comments: