Friday, February 06, 2009

monumental

To me, something is often seen 'very good' not when it's good as a whole, but when it has a memorably surprising moment in it. Something that I didn't particularly expect before enjoying it, something that is alienly interesting and funny or good.

In the movie 'Love Actually', what keeps me watching it over and over again until now is the scene of Hugh Grant doing speech after the visit of US President, that scene is brilliant, and this one scene:

+ "Shit, I can't believe I've just said that. And now I've gone and said "shit" - twice. I'm so sorry, sir."
- "It's fine, it's fine. You could've said "fuck," and then we'd have been in real trouble."
+ "Thank you, sir. I did have an awful premonition that I was gonna fuck up on the first day. Oh, piss it!"


In the movie 'Les Choristes', what keeps me watching it over and over again is the scene which starts with 'April, These kids inspire me' and the scene when Baldy got fired, and numerous paper aeroplane were flown from the window. Extremely touching.

In the Thai movie 'Hormones', which I've been watching for like 100 times since I had it in my computer, I can say there are almost 5 scenes that I fall in love with. But this one, I have to say, is the most memorable..


OH SHIT. I can't make up my mind. Here's another two monumentally memorable scenes from that movie.







Have a nice day!

No comments: